Swiss leaving Australia.

Return to Switzerland.

Are you back in Switzerland on holidays and intend to travel by train, bus or boat? The Swiss Travel System is offering a wide range of tickets with lots of bonus benefits exclusively for guest from abroad. The Swiss Pass for example is the equivalent of a 'GA' Travelcard. All you need is a proof of your residency abroad.  


Whether you are a long term resident of Australia, a temporary resident who enjoyed a one or two year Aussie adventure or a young Swiss wanting to go back for work, education or holiday - there is information around to make this step a bit easier.


Preparing the return.

The Federal Department of Foreign Affairs provides information about the administrative tasks you have to face when returning to Switzerland. has the useful guide 'Switzerland: How to' that compiles information and shares links for job search, placement agencies, salaries, applications, social security etc. 


Finally is a service of the Swiss Confederation, cantons and communes and covers most likely every administrative topic relevant for people returning to Switzerland.

OSA advice.

Get an overview of what to take into account of with regard to health insurance when returning to Switzerland with this article from the Swiss Revue, September 2015.


Swiss Mountains / Schweizer Berge for Swiss Down Under
View from Fronalpstock, Switzerland